The following is from an email for immediate distribution from Betsy Marchant, VDH:
This year’s Academy Planning Committee invites public health, healthcare, and emergency management professionals to showcase and share their best practice models, tools, or other resources that advance the field of public health preparedness.
Academy session application process
- Submit application via the form at http://goo.gl/forms/5OSN14lQRR by April 10, 2015.
- Academy Planning Committee members will review all submissions.
- Notification of acceptance or rejection is expected to occur by April 24, 2015.
- All presenting authors must register for and attend the Academy.
- Presentations will occur on afternoon of May 18, 2015. The presentation length will be 15 minutes followed by 5 minutes of audience questions.
Submissions will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Addresses one of the overlapping PHEP/HPP capabilities (Preparedness, Recovery, Emergency Operations, Fatality Management, Information Sharing, Medical Surge, Responder Safety and Health, Volunteer Coordination)
- Applicability to target audience
- Originality and contribution of presentation content to public health and healthcare preparedness
Registration and Hotel Information
Registration is available on TRAIN Virginia at course id 1055964. Hotel information is available at http://virginiapreparednessacademy.blogspot.com. We will use this website to post the most up to date information (agenda, etc.) so please bookmark it to check back!